Thursday, August 27, 2015

Internships and Triumvirates

      So some incredibly exciting news, I have received an internship!!! I will be a staff writer for a publishing house here in Lubbock, Texas. This is wonderful as it can open up a lot of golden opportunities and get me a foot in the door within my field. I shan't get into the details as far as how it all came about but I am rather excited. Hopefully this will lead to the fulfillment of my dream to be able to write articles from my own home after I am married! :)

      Happy day, happy day! In my classes I have been beginning to feel like a Law Student since I am taking a Contemporary Rhetoric class and a class on Constitutional Law. I have studying, reading, and discussing rhetoric, the sciences of persuasion, as well as court cases and legal jargon. It's certainly a challenge and I by no means wish to be a Law Student, but I am however enjoying myself immensely. As an example, a favorite quote from one of my favorite poets and rhetoricians:

                                           "There is no lighter a burden,
                                                 no more agreeable,
                                                        than a pen."
                               -Petrarch

    Though he is not a part of the great Triumvirates of Rhetoric such as, Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle, he is perhaps my favorite. Besides he was a poet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment